ML Engraving is the leader in laser engraving and laser texturing on moulds for plastic and rubber products. The Italian Company has developed a unique workflow that combines sophisticated co-design softwares and the most updated laser technology. Due to its know-how and investment into R&D, ML Engraving has assumed the role of undisputed leader in laser texturing of moulds all around the world. Among its Clients, ML Engraving can count famous international brands and renowned designer and style centres, ranging from automotive design to packaging and from product design to fashion items.
A smart acronym
INFINITE is a melting pot of know-how and expertise of the most valuable professionals in this field, who aim to raise the level of precision and reliability ever reached. More accurate, more powerful, more functional, more sustainable, INFINITE has been developed in order to overcome technical limits, mechanical defects, manuals errors and several problems of recent laser machines. There’s a lot of zeal towards INFINITE and its release.
- Everything is ready for the 25th FAKUMA in Friedrichshafen, a crossroad among Germany, Austria and Switzerland, but very important for the Italian market as well. Don’t miss the opportunity to meet ML Engraving and learn more about INFINITE. ML Engraving A6 – 6212. See you there!
- Watch the first engraving of the INFINITE machine!
- First tests for the INFINITE process: Raptor + the new anthropomorphic machine. The objective was to engrave hemispheres with a geometric texture required by a customer. The test was developed from a real order and engaged a customer already interested in INFINITE. The customer has expressed a very positive feedback.
- Time for FAKUMA! The INFINITE project will be introduced on the international market during the German exhibition, held from 17-21 October. More than 1700 exhibitors will present their best services and technologies on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the world’s leading technical event for industrial plastics processing. Fakuma is expecting more than 40,000 expert visitors from 120 countries. Find ML Engraving at hall A6 - stand A6-6212.
- Costruire Stampi is a specialized Italian magazine dedicated to the design and production of molds. On the cover of the number of June/July you can find INFINITE, the revolutionary system of laser texturing on molds. The article explains the advantages of the machine, produced by DS4 Laser Technology, compared to the traditional ones: while the current systems have a Cartesian structure, the INFINITE machine consists of a 6 axes anthropomorphic robot, that moves at its end a 2D scanning probe head, and above all of a new generation software, that optimizes and accelerates the calculation process and the 3D design phase. The system is entering its third step, that is the integration of the subsystems. This will be followed by the testing phases for the performances review, held by SITEC - Laboratory for Laser Applications of Politecnico di Milano, scientific advisor for this project. Contact us for the complete translation.
- Everything is ready for FIP SOLUTION PLASTIQUE, the most important exhibition for the plastic industry in France. ML Engraving will show several tests made with the new INFINITE MACHINE. Get ready for the future! You can find us at booth F2 bis/G1 bis.
- The day before the beginning of MECSPE, the Italian daily newspaper Corriere della Sera, publishes an article dedicated to ML Engraving and its participation to MECSPE. Among its news, a relevant place is dedicated to INFINITE.
- Almost ready for MECSPE, the Italian reference fair for the manufacturing industry. ML ENGRAVING will welcome you at its booth B47 – hall 6 where INFINITE and its first results will be presented to the public.
- New article on L’Eco di Bergamo, Italian daily newspaper, dedicated to DS4: the history of the Company, its goals and its plans for the future. The article talks about Horizon 2020 and the support of the EU for innovative projects such as INFINITE.
- The work done by ML Engraving in the first period of the Project has been focused on the design and the development of new technologies suitable for INFINITE systems. Regarding the hardware, DS4 has carried out several researches and tests to identify the suitable robot to reach the goal of the project and to study the materials of bearing structure. A very important study has been done on materials, on the design of the portal and on the configuration of the robot suspension and relevant auxiliary services. These actions have been done to have the best features regarding the optimization of performances. At the end of this design period, the solution that has been adopted is to have the robot hanging from a structural steel portal because it is a good compromise between stiffness, weight and cost. The prototype is almost ready and we think that most of the time invested in the design will be recovered in the development and integration process during the second period.
05 October 2017
21 september 2017
29 August 2017
24 July 2017
22 May 2017
22 March 2017
9 March 2017
22 January 2017
12 January 2017
Upcoming Fairs & Events
Keep in touch for upcoming events.
Read more about the events where the consortium displayed INFINITE and its results.
INnovative laser machine For INdustrIal engraving and 3d TExturing
INFINITE is going to be the laser texturing machine of the future. Its objective is to deliver fast, green and high precision engraving, 3D texturing and machining solution based on laser ablation.
ML Engraving and DS4 are combining their know-how and expertise in order to improve the technology for surface treatment with a bottom up approach. The 3 key elements that feature the INFINITE machine are:
• a brand-new in-house software, that will allow an optimization of the laser beam path, a reduction of idle time from operation-to-operation and a minimization of useless displacements;
• an anthropomorphic robot technology;
• the artificial vision based on neural network algorithm for real-time monitoring and enhanced precision. From a business point of view, the impact of the INFINITE machine on the market of plastics and rubber goods, will be disruptive and will give a strong drive for new implementations and new services.
The INFINITE machine has a precise positioning and it addresses the needs of the automotive and consumer goods sectors for surface texturing and engraving processes combining high performances, flexibility, repeatability and productivity. First tests and trials are giving enthusiastic results about the potentiality of the machine.
Infinite partner network
Ds4 is an Italian company composed by highly skilled technicians that gathers all the modern technology engineering branches such as mechanical engineering, electronics, software, firmware, mathematics, artificial vision and A.I. Ds4 systems are oriented towards customers that want to reach and maintain their own leadership, through the use of non-conventional advanced technology and tailor-made solutions. DS4 is able to combine the System Integrator activity with the development of various and mutually different core technologies: laser, 3D artificial vision, robotics, automation.
Laser is an attitude
Winner of Horizon 2020
INFINITE has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 685317. The project is coordinated in H2020-SMEINST-2-2015under the topic NMP-25-2015 - Accelerating the uptake of nanotechnologies, advanced materials or advanced manufacturing and processing technologies by SMEs.
With INFINITE project, the consortium is developing an innovative laser machine for high precision engraving and 3D surface texturing, fully adapted to these industries in terms of design requirements, productivity, repeatability, easy operability & price.
Seen as a means to drive economic growth and create jobs, Horizon 2020 is the financial instrument supporting high-potential groundbreaking innovative ideas for products, services or processes that are ready to face global market competition. The program, starting from 1st of January 2014 until the 31st December 2020, integrates research and innovation and it is open to everyone, with a simple structure that reduces red tape and time so participants can focus on what is really important. This approach makes sure new projects get off the ground quickly – and achieve results faster. The goal is to ensure Europe produces world-class science, removes barriers to innovation and makes it easier for the public and private sectors to work together in delivering innovation. "Innovation in SMEs" aims at creating a bridge between the core of the Horizon 2020 framework program - support to research, development and innovation projects - and the creation of a favourable ecosystem for SME innovation and growth. The goal of the actions bundled under the specific objective "Innovation in SMEs" is to build SME innovation management capacity.
Laser is green and sustainable
innovation is a chance for a better future
Be a part of the future means to build a more ethic society, that is responsible of the surrounding environment and, on a larger scale, to ozone depletion. In fact we believe that "innovation" today is not only a matter of productivity and progress. There are values that are thought to be the basis of a virtuous business: sustainability and care for the environment, but also social promotion, psychological and physical wellness of operators and professionals. INFINITE takes all these aspects in great consideration and aims to build a new way to be productive, sustainable and innovative.